Alpha Energy Laboratories takes every reasonable measure to maintain the highest possible quality control during both the manufacture and analysis of our radon test detectors. Alpha Energy Laboratories cannot control or be responsible for the storage, handling, and use of our detectors once they have left our possession. Furthermore, Alpha Energy Laboratories cannot control or be responsible for the deployment of our detectors during a test. As proper detector storage and deployment is critical to accurate and reliable readings, Alpha Energy Laboratories cannot provide a warranty of any type, expressed or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness with respect to any item furnished, information supplied, or services provided by Alpha Energy Laboratories.
Alpha Energy Laboratories cannot be responsible or liable for any action taken or not taken based on the results of the measurements provided. Before any decision is made or action is taken, Alpha Energy Laboratories highly recommends that further testing be performed.
By using this test kit, you agree to hold harmless Alpha Energy Laboratories, its employees, owners, and agents against any claim, charge, demand, or liability in any form for any and all losses, costs, charges, claims, fees, expenses, injuries, or damages, including incidental or consequential damages of any nature resulting from any item, information, or service provided by Alpha Energy Laboratories.
Any information or test report provided by Alpha Energy Laboratories is solely indicative of the sample collected by the detector and the information provided on the Chain of Custody/Information Sheet by the customer. Alpha Energy Laboratories cannot be responsible or liable for invalid or inaccurate results due to incorrect sampling procedures or incorrect sample information provided by the customer on the Chain of Custody/Information Sheet.
In some instances, radon test results may be estimated, typically due to exceptionally long sample hold times, moisture adsorption, or other issues that prevent optimal testing conditions from being achieved. An estimated result will be notated on the test report with an asterisk and a disclaimer on the first page of the test report. Alpha Energy Laboratories makes no claim to the accuracy of estimated results and highly recommends that a retest is performed in the event of an estimated result.
Alpha Energy Laboratories takes every reasonable step to protect our client’s confidential test data and results. Your radon level and/or test results will only be shared with a third party with your permission, except where required by law or regulatory agency, to provide customer service, or as required to maintain laboratory certification.
Ownership of Test Results:
Test data and results (collectively referred to as “test results”) are the property of Alpha Energy Laboratories (referred to as “Alpha Energy”), the person(s) who purchased the test kit (referred to as “purchaser”), and/or the person(s) who performed the test (referred to as “tester”). The tester and purchaser are collectively referred to as “client”.
Alpha Energy considers the tester to be the person(s) whose information is on the Information Sheet (referred to as “Chain of Custody”). Alpha Energy considers the purchaser to be the final person(s) who paid for the test kit. The purchaser and/or tester can prove ownership through their unique test kit serial number. Alpha Energy does not disclose serial numbers to third parties, so only the purchaser and/or the tester will know the serial number.
Resellers and Partners:
In some cases, resellers and partners will purchase test kits from Alpha Energy to resell to other parties. In this circumstance, test results are considered the property of the person(s) who purchased the test kit from the reseller and are not the property of the reseller. For example, Alpha Energy’s test kits are sold in retail stores. The test results for these test kits are not the property of the retail store, but are instead the property of the person(s) who purchased the test kit from the retail store (the purchaser) and/or the person(s) who performed the test (the tester).
Reporting Test Results:
At the time of completion of analysis, test results are only disclosed to the person(s) specified by the tester (as listed on the Chain of Custody), and/or the person(s) specified by the purchaser. In many cases, the purchaser is also the tester. In this instance, test results would not be shared with any other parties, except at the client’s request, where required by law, by regulatory agency, to provide customer service, or as required to maintain laboratory certification.
Research Data Requests:
Alpha Energy occasionally receives requests from research institutions, both public and private, for test results. Alpha Energy may choose to provide test results for research purposes; however these test results will never be specific to a person or an address. Any test results provided will be anonymous and will never identify a specific person or address and will be used for research purposes only.
No changes to the test data can be made without the unique test kit serial number. Alpha Energy will never modify test information unless the requestor can provide the unique test kit serial number. This is intended to protect the privacy of our client’s confidential test results and prevent an unauthorized party from gaining access to confidential information. In the event that there are errors with the Chain of Custody or the client wishes to disclose test results with other parties, the client can submit a request via email, mail, or fax. The client will need to provide the test kit serial as well as the person(s) the test results should be sent to, and/or the information that should be corrected.
Alpha Energy may use your information for marketing purposes, either directly or in partnership with trusted marketing partners. Your information will never be made publicly available through any marketing activities. We will never share your radon level and/or test results for marketing purposes.
Certain states require test results to be periodically reported to comply with state laws and maintain laboratory certification. These states are: FL, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, ME, MN, NE, NJ, NV, NY, OH, PA, VA, and WV. If you have questions on the regulations in your state or how the test results are used, please contact your state government official. You can find their phone number online at DrHomeAir.com/States. For all states, test results are confidential.
For policies relating to fees paid with your test, such as Rush fees or Regulatory fees, please go to this link.
Return Shipping Label Guarantee Policy
For return shipping label policies, please go to this link.
Order & Shipping PolicyAll orders are subject to the below shipping & refund policies.
- All sales are final. If you need to cancel an order, please contact us immediately at email@example.com or 800-324-5928 and we will attempt to halt the order.
- If the order can be cancelled prior to shipping, you will be refunded in full. Exception: custom manufactured products cannot be cancelled once production begins.
- If we are unable to cancel the order before it ships to you, please contact us to request a return authorization.
- For any orders which have been shipped, and a refund is requested:
- We may require the product to be returned to us. If so, we will provide you with a return shipping label. If we do not require you to return the product, the Test Kit Serial #(s) will be permanently voided and will not be analyzed.
- A 10% fee may apply to the refund.
- We will ship to the address you provide. If this address is incorrect, invalid, or undeliverable, we will send you an email if the order is returned to us with instructions on what to do next.
- If your order is not delivered due to an incorrect, invalid, or undeliverable address, we will replace it one time at our expense. You will need to provide us with an updated address or confirm the address on file is correct. Alternatively, you can request a refund.
- If your order is not delivered due to a shipping carrier mistake or our mistake, we will replace it at our expense, or you can request a refund.
- Free shipping is sent via UPS Mail Innovations and typically arrives within 7-10 business days. This is not a guarantee. If you choose free shipping, please allow up to 30 days to receive your order. If you need to receive your order by a specific deadline, please choose a FedEx shipping option. FedEx shipping options are guaranteed and we will refund your shipping charge if it fails to arrive in time.
- If you have not received your order within 30 days of shipment (or by the guaranteed FedEx delivery time), please contact us so we can replace your order. If your order was damaged or incorrect, please contact us; we will replace the product, or you can request a refund for the damaged/incorrect product. You must contact us within 120 days of your order for any problems; after 120 days we will be unable to help.
- Orders placed before noon (central time) will be shipped the same day if you choose a FedEx shipping option. Orders with Free Shipping may take up to 3 business days to ship.